Emergency Childcare for Essential Workers
Governor Inslee has tasked school districts with providing childcare for frontline medical professionals, first responders, pharmacy and grocery store workers so that you may continue to respond to the ever growing needs of our community. At the same time, we must be mindful of social distancing in order to reduce the chance of transmission between students. As such, we will be prioritizing care for the following student families:
- Hospital and clinical medical workers (nurses, doctors, pharmacists, office support people in hospitals, clinics and pharmacies)
- Emergency First Responders and those supporting their work (fire, police, 911 operators, dispatch workers, etc)
- Long-term care providers (Adult family homes, nursing centers, Rainier School, etc)
- Grocery store workers
If you meet these qualifications, we are asking you to complete the linked registration form. When you bring your child for their first day you will be asked to verify your status as essential medical or first responder by providing a photo badge or letter from your office.
The childcare is located at the White River Early Learning Center (27515 120th St East, Buckley). Regular hours will be Monday through Friday, 6:00AM - 6:15PM.
Some things to know about the child care plan:
- We will maintain a five to one ratio of children to adult
- Staff and students will be health care screened as they arrive daily
- The program will be staffed with a nurse from 6AM to 6PM
Questions? Call 360-829-3998
Wondering what to bring? We know you are putting in long hours at work, so please send your child with their school work packet and/or their Chromebook. Staff will be on hand to assist them with, so you can simply enjoy family time when you get home. Additionally, send them with a book to read of their choosing, and appropriate clothing to get outside and get some fresh air. There is no need to send them with a lunch, unless you choose to, as we are proud to provide free lunches to all children in our community during this school closure. If you are there early, we will provide breakfast as well.