Communications Tips in an Emergency
- Be patient – we will communicate with you as quickly as possible.
- Check the Web site or facebook page
- Please don’t call the school; it jams the phone lines.
- Be patient – your child’s safety is our first priority!
How Families Can Help during and Emergency
Take care not to become part of the problem by rushing to the school. More traffic just makes it difficult for emergency response teams. In some scenarios it can put students, staff and YOU in greater danger. Don't spread information that does not come from official sources. Often students, and even staff are unaware of the complete picture and may make incorrect assumptions. Broadcasting those can lead to confusion and fear. Be patient. If we haven't sent out an update yet, there is a reason. Safety is our number one priority - communication comes second to that. Be sure you keep emergency cards up-to-date with correct phone numbers and names of people authorized to pick up your children.
- All adults who are picking up children should remember to always bring photo identification.