Practicums, Student Teaching & Internships
White River Schools (WRSD) is happy to partner with colleges and universities to place students for observations/practicum, student teaching and internships.
In order to be considered for placement in one of our schools, the student's university or college must contact White River's placement coordinator, Val Pritchard (360-829-3823 or via email) and have required information on file.
- Current university contract/agreement with WRSD addendum
- Liability insurance
Students must submit all required documentation via email to be considered for placement:
- University overview of level of program being requested
- Student's resume and cover letter
- Proof of current fingerprints
- Apply through the WRSD online application system
State of Washington requires everyone who has contact with students in a school setting to be fingerprinted prior to starting their assignments. Individuals will not be allowed into the classroom without proof of current fingerprints.
ANNUAL DEADLINES FOR PLACEMENTS:
- Fall (August-December) - June 1
- Winter (January-March) - November 1
- Spring (April - June) - February 1
Depending on the student's program, WRSD Human Resources and principals will work together to determine student placement based on the following criteria:
- Availability of qualified staff/teacher(s) in requested areas
- School's availability to take a student
- Agreement of an individual cooperating teacher following a review of candidate materials and/or meeting
We will make every effort to place students at their requested location or with their requested mentor/principal. If the request cannot be met, we will forward the request to all remaining schools accepting student teacher in the subject/level.